Thursday, February 09, 2006

12:59 A.M.

Mine

All my life I’ve been hiding behind an empty space where there is nothing but shadows. I’ve been trying to find a reason that will help me to find my way back home, and there’s nothing but darkness. It cannot be true that a person of your kind was able to compete with it because you are not like him; nevertheless, there is something in your eyes that makes me feel quite well. There is a light that keeps me safe from darkness and I know there is someone protecting me from any injure, at any time.

I’m not quite sure if you knew that, but you were the one. You were once that especial one whose best virtue is his heart. I have to admit that right now I’m more than scared, because I know that I let you go. I pushed you out from my life but you know what? It doesn’t matter anything that can be said, because I loved you once, and I can love you twice. I was happy with you in the past, and I know that there is nothing that can change that. You made me happy and I know I made you happy too.

I must confess that there is nobody who will make me ever forget our past, because even if you doubt it, you live in my present, and I know you are my future. Not like what we used to be when we were together, but as a light that’ll guide me trough my path. You’ll be with me as a light that will shine forever in my life, because of everything you brought into it. You are my best friend, my partner, my soul mate. You are so many things that I know that are beyond friendship, beyond love, beyond happiness. You are mine and that’s it, you’ll always be mine, and you know that. You are mine just in the same way that I’m sure that I’ll be yours forever. Did you know that? I loved you once, I’m completely certain about that. And if I loved you once, I can do it twice. You will be mine somewhere, sometime, I just don’t know how.

No comments: